Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tea for 10 (and a half)

Saturday, my Mom and I went to Pasadena to have a Bridal Shower "Tea Party" for my younger Sister, Jessica. There ended up being 2 Tea Parties.

The first was at a very fancy Tea House, The Scarlett Tea Room where my Mom and I met up with Jessica, her Mom-to-be (Deana) and Deana's Friend (the one who threw the shower and couldn't make it to the 2nd tea). When we first walked in I was amazed at all the "bling" that was in the place. Crystal chandlers on the ceiling, a baby grand in the corner, different tea cups at each seat...very nice! The waitress was extremely fruity, almost like something from out of a movie with the "honeys" and the dramatic way she moved around the Tea House. Anyway, the tea there was very good, although I cannot remember what flavor we had...I think it was a pomegranate something or another. I also had a yummy peach Mimosa, I was confused at first about whether or not I could eat the flowers they put in it, but I ate/drank them anyway. The sandwiches and scones were great, although I didn't like the sandwich I got with the dill on it. The desserts (yes, there was more than 1) were AWESOME, I wanted more!!!


After Tea we went to a house in Alhambra (another friend of Deana), to have tea. The house was gorgeous. Her kitchen was out of this world complete with a hidden fridge and dishwasher and her kitchen aide mixer that just popped out of a cupboard ready to go! Her backyard was like something out of a magazine. After the few pictures I took of her backyard, the 9.5 of us sat down for more tea. Then we watched Jess open her gifts.



Instead of leaving right after 2nd tea, Mom, Jess and I headed into West Covina to watch Mike (Jess' fiance) play street hockey. I got a lot of good shots while we were there. I even got one of Mike smiling :P


But enough about the house and the tea and the good hockey shots...I hope my sister had a great day. She got a lot of neat things that will help her and Mike start their new life together. I'm glad she let me share this day with her~Love ya sissy!!!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Mmm! Those desserts do look yummy. Looks like fun!

Jen said...

I was hoping for pics of the kitchen and backyard. Sounds cool.