Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bedtime buddy

Sometimes being a parent is the greatest thing. I look at how fast the past years have flown by and somehow want them to just stop. I am not looking forward to the day when Ian (or Luke) is no longer my little boy. But that sad day will come when he no longer needs Mommy for everything...

Somewhere between 1 and 2 am this morning, I heard the sound of shuffling tiny feet at my bedroom door. Then a gentle touch to my face and a soft whisper "mommy?" I pretended I was sleeping to see what Ian would do next and hoping he would just go back to bed. Instead, I heard more feet shuffling (to the other side of the bed, of course) and a soft "daddy?". I waited for Ty to answer, but he didn't. Then I heard Ian's little feet move once more, now he was at the end of the bed. I waited to see what he would do. Without making any sound, he got onto our bed and under the covers. He then put his hand on my cheek and a gave me a kiss on my forehead (which is funny because I go in at night and do the same thing to him while he sleeps...he must not really be sleeping). Then he put his head down with his one hand on my heart and the other holding my index and middle finger.

Unfortunately, Ian had to go back to his own bed about and hour later (don't worry he was ok with it).

3 comments:

Jo said...

Don't you just love those sweet moments?! They do make you wish they'd stay little forever

Serina said...

That is so sweet.

Leslie said...

You made me cry, I remember when you girls used to crawl in bed with me, now that is over.