Monday, August 1, 2011

Vaction time

For our vacation this year we to my favorite vacation spot...Cottonwood Cove, Nevada.


Ty and I hiked the mountain behind my grandparents' trailer to get this picture of the marina.




We had a great time soaking up the sun, playing in the water and building sand castles

Ian even caught some "blue gills". My grandpa caught a catfish and my nephew caught a bass and a catfish.


And of course we had to feed the carp and the ducks at the marina (it's been a tradition since I was Ian's age).


The day before coming home, we decided to take the boys into Las Vegas (since it was only an hour away). We took a little detour to Hoover Dam before going into Vegas. Since the heat was super-intense, we only stayed for a few minutes.

Vegas was a lot of fun. The kids really enjoyed eating dinner at "the Castle" (aka Excalibur). They really enjoyed Belagio's "dancing water" and the volcano at the Mirage.

No comments: