Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Soccer

Ian had his first "official" soccer practice yesterday. He did a great job (thanks Fortner family for gifting him a soccer net when he was 1). Coach Sonny thought this was his 2nd year playing, he was amazed when we told him it was only his first year.

The games should be fun to watch. The kids play 6 on 6 with no goalie. According to the coach, they're pretty humorous. The kids all bunch up and swarm the ball, no real strategy.

I was also asked to be the team Mom, of course I said "yes". So above is a picture of some of my new kids (minus the tall one on the left, he was just helping out)

3 comments:

Serina said...

So what does a "team mom" entail?

Orenda said...

So basically I'm in charge of making/getting the banner, making the snack schedule, getting any fliers from the league to the parents and making sure the kids are hydrated :P

Orenda said...

oh and I get to plan a party :P