Monday, March 23, 2009

You-guana

Nathan calls Ian "E", which is totally cute, but today it led to a little confusion.

Ian has been learning the alphabet on his computer and when he got to "I is for Iguana" I just happened to repeat the computer, as you begin to do when your grip on sanity slips after too many child oriented things get crammed into your head. The voice on the computer pronounces it "ee-gwana" and when Ian heard me say that he that I was calling him a Guana. The rest sounded something like this:

"No, I not a guana I a big boy"

"I wasn't calling you a guana, I was talking about the lizard, it's an Iguana"

"Daddy, I not a guana, you guana."

"Me-guana?"

"You-guana"

"Iguana?"

"Not E-guana, daddy guana."

Meanwhile Michelle was in the background snorting with laughter it was so funny to her. I gotta admit, I got a good chuckle out of it. So much so that when we returned to the house later after errands and it was still on the screen, I tried to start the argument again just for kicks.

2 comments:

Jo said...

That's a good one! :D

Jen said...

That is so funny, it's the little things like that, that make it so that I feel like I know Ian even though we've never met him yet. Thanks for sharing.